This Year's Project:
About Our Organization
“This program saved my life!” a completed Adult & Teen Challenge Women’s Center student
· What is Adult & Teen Challenge: Adult & Teen Challenge is a nationwide, faith-based nonprofit organization that has been successfully offering lost and hurting people freedom from addiction and other life controlling issues for over 60 years! It is the largest and longest continuously operated group of addiction recovery centers in the world, with over 250 centers in the U.S. and over 1,250 centers worldwide.
· Beatrice Women’s Center: Our Beatrice Women's Center opened in 2017 and is now home to 12 women. Through our proven solutions for life-controlling issues and addictions, we help women become emotionally healthy, physically well, and spiritually alive.
· Our Program: As a resident of Adult & Teen Challenge Beatrice Women’s Center, our women are involved in group classes, individual study, personal mentoring, work ethic training and serving in the community.
· Our Success: A 2019 study conducted by the Center for Compassion at Evangel University confirms that an astonishing 78% of graduates from Adult & Teen Challenge addiction recovery centers remain sober and substance free post-graduation! Many other studies completed over the years have found similar success rates. Because of its success, the program has been recognized nationally by President Ronald Regan and President George W. Bush.
· Community Impact: After completing Adult & Teen Challenge, hope is restored not just to our women but to their families. Healthy moms make healthy kids, healthy kids make healthy schools, healthy schools produce healthy consumers, and healthy consumers make healthy communities. As a result, the economic cost to society is reduced and restored women and their children become contributors to our community. Adult & Teen Challenge Women’s Center also participates in many community projects, outreaches, and work projects in Beatrice.
Please help us RESTORE GENERATIONS
Shantell and Theodore both grew up in what you would consider a normal American family. Both had two parent homes, both grew up in small town America. However, both struggled with deep wounds that would lead them to abuse drugs and alcohol. As a result, their lives spiraled out of control which left their home and children in crisis. Their story of RESTORATION is highlighted in our video below.
Today more than 23 Million Americans admit to having a substance abuse disorder, and those are just the ones who admit it. If 23 Million Americans admit to having a substance abuse disorder, how many American children live in homes where one or both parents abuse drugs and alcohol? The estimated number is 1 in 7 children in America.
This year our world was rocked by the COVID pandemic. Americans from every walk of life want to come together to be part of the solution—as we should. We have spared no expense to develop a vaccine and a cure—again, as we should! But what about the epidemic of substance abuse? What about the more than 170,000 Americans that die every year from drugs and alcohol? What about the children left behind? What can be done for this EPIDEMIC? YOU can help!
For over 60 years, our alcohol and substance abuse addiction recovery program has provided long-term recovery for tens of thousands of individuals. We are an answer to this epidemic. Shantell’s story is just one of the many success stories of women who have come through our Beatrice Women’s Center. When YOU partner with us, YOU help to change lives.
We are committed to providing low cost programs, but there are many costs involved in providing training, lodging, meals, and staff. With the cancellation of our annual fundraising dinner and an inability to fundraise in our typical face to face manner, we are facing a shortfall.
By partnering with us, YOU can help save the lives of not just our women but their children as well, and be part of RESTORING GENERATIONS!
3 Student Scholarships
The average cost for each student to participate in our program is approximately $1500 per month. This includes housing, food, utilities, staff, insurance and curriculum. In order to provide our program at no cost to those who need it most, we rely on the donations of individuals, businesses, churches and foundations. Providing a student scholarship allows us to provide the training and resources to equip one person to walk in freedom for the rest of their lives. Please consider providing HOPE and changing the face of our community one healthy mom at a time.