This Year's Project: Client Education and Outreach
Willow Center is dedicated to strengthening families and affirming the value of all human life by providing emotional support and practical assistance.
Current Project: Client Education and Outreach
Did you know that 45% of all pregnancies in the United States every year are unplanned? The highest rates are among low-income and low educated women aged 18-24. These statistics do not consider any of the other problems these women and families face. The fear they feel when dealing with an unplanned pregnancy and thinking about how they will provide for that child is very real. At Willow, we offer hope and help to women, families, and their preborn babies with educational material that informs; support and care that comforts their fears; and supplies to meet their basic, physical needs. We listen and offer support that is factual and truthful. We give options that are genuine and trustworthy to help them make the best decisions for their lives now and for their future.
The $2,500 we hope to raise in partnership with Big Give Gage will help those most in need with the following:
1. Help with monthly supplies such as diapers, wipes, clothing, formula, toiletries, bigger items like cribs, car seats, bedding, bottles, etc.
2. Parent education and mentoring through our Earn While You Learn educational program. This provides one-on-one guidance between parents and Willow staff educators dealing with subjects from prenatal months through toddler year, life skills, and fatherhood.
3. Appointments and sessions to help clients connect further into the community by referrals to additional agencies in the community that can help them.
4. Options counseling that gives families and women factual knowledge and information to make the best decision for now and for their future when facing an unplanned pregnancy.
5. Pregnancy tests
6. Limited ultrasounds to confirm viability of their pregnancy.
Willow currently serves around 300 families. Since 2017, that number has increased by 40% as we continue to serve new clients every week. With your generous donation and partnership, we will be able to continue to offer help to individuals facing unplanned pregnancies and the ongoing challenges of meeting the needs of their children. The services Willow provides are free and confidential. The staff and volunteers at Willow are very grateful for each and every donation we receive from every family, church, business and organization. Willow receives no government funding and serves our community because of generous donors like you.