This Year's Project: Sustainability through COVID
About Our Organization
Willow Center is dedicated to strengthening families and affirming the value of all human life by providing emotional support and practical assistance.
Current Project: Sustainability through COVID
If you have an unplanned pregnancy, you might not know what to do next. You might worry that the father won't welcome the news. You might not be sure you can afford to care for a baby. You might worry if past choices you have made, such as drinking or drug use, will affect your unborn baby's health. You might be concerned that having a baby will keep you from finishing school or pursuing a career. If you are pregnant after being raped, you might feel ashamed, numb, or afraid. You might wonder what options you have.
Willow Center is here for these families. We provide confidential, cost free services to all of our clients.
These confidential, cost-free services include:
- Abortion Information
- Adoption Agency Referrals
- Adoption Information
- Emotional Support
- Maternity & Infant Supplies
- Medical Referrals
- Parenting Education
- Post-Abortion Support
- Pregnancy Options Information
- Pregnancy Tests
- STD/STI Information
- Support for Men
- Ultrasound (Onsite)
* Ultrasound scans are used to confirm the presence of a viable, uterine pregnancy. We do not use ultrasound to determine gender or diagnose abnormalities. Eligibility criteria apply.
This year, we are faced with the particular challenge of having fewer opportunities for in-person fundraising events, but increased need in our community for practical assistance. We were able to transition to a temporary delivery service of infant supplies to protect our volunteers and our clients. Now we are turning our attention to how we can sustain our services without our traditional fundraising banquet to rely upon. Please help us with your online donation. Your support will help us budget for our 2021 year of services to this community in Gage County and beyond.
$35 PROVIDES formula FOR an INFANT IN NEED
$50 PROVIDES DIAPERS FOR a FAMILY IN NEED
$75 PROVIDES PRENATAL VITAMINS for a PREGNANCY
$100 PROVIDES ULTRASOUNDS for EXPECTING MOTHERS
$200 PROVIDES NEW CAR SEATS for FAMILIES IN NEED
$250 PROVIDES PARENTING RESOURCES for CLIENTS
$500 PROVIDES a MONTH of COMMUNITY OUTREACH
Thank you for your generosity to the Willow Center. Your donation changes lives.
All of your money remains local and improves the lives of those around us in ways we can’t put into words.
Client Education and Outreach
Did you know that 45% of all pregnancies in the United States every year are unplanned? The highest rates are among low-income and low educated women aged 18-24. These statistics do not consider any of the other problems these women and families face. The fear they feel when dealing with an unplanned pregnancy and thinking about how they will provide for that child is very real. At Willow, we offer hope and help to women, families, and their preborn babies with educational material that informs; support and care that comforts their fears; and supplies to meet their basic, physical needs. We listen and offer support that is factual and truthful. We give options that are genuine and trustworthy to help them make the best decisions for their lives now and for their future.
The $2,500 we hope to raise in partnership with Big Give Gage will help those most in need with the following:
1. Help with monthly supplies such as diapers, wipes, clothing, formula, toiletries, bigger items like cribs, car seats, bedding, bottles, etc.
2. Parent education and mentoring through our Earn While You Learn educational program. This provides one-on-one guidance between parents and Willow staff educators dealing with subjects from prenatal months through toddler year, life skills, and fatherhood.
3. Appointments and sessions to help clients connect further into the community by referrals to additional agencies in the community that can help them.
4. Options counseling that gives families and women factual knowledge and information to make the best decision for now and for their future when facing an unplanned pregnancy.
5. Pregnancy tests
6. Limited ultrasounds to confirm viability of their pregnancy.
Willow currently serves around 300 families. Since 2017, that number has increased by 40% as we continue to serve new clients every week. With your generous donation and partnership, we will be able to continue to offer help to individuals facing unplanned pregnancies and the ongoing challenges of meeting the needs of their children. The services Willow provides are free and confidential. The staff and volunteers at Willow are very grateful for each and every donation we receive from every family, church, business and organization. Willow receives no government funding and serves our community because of generous donors like you.